Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > How to get your Dealers Logos back on !
How to get your Dealers Logos back on !

4274 Views 13 Replies Latest reply: 2016-09-22 00:13:37

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    lfdorries
    2016-08-02 20:14:47
     I have tried it and I think it might just work...
    Before doing anything BACKUP YOUR SD CARD ! ! 
    Then find the files Scan/Make/Asia/Acura  inside there you will see a car.bmp and  a car_new.bmp file.
    Rename the car to car_new
    Rename the car_new to car
    You will have to do this for each vehicle you have software for....

Restart your scanner and see if you have the dealer logos. If it doesn't work. Just reformat and install your backup.
    If you update your software, you will probably have to do it again each time you update..

Tell me if it works for you ?

file:  car.bmp

•   Level 6   
    (707) points
    hefaus

2016-08-03 02:09:10 (Reply to:lfdorries)

I did this way and it worked great. Back to the original logo's

Procedure to change from generic manufacturer logos to OEM type logos on a MaxiSys with all available updates installed as of 4/2015.

Note: some of the logos are different from the ones that came on my MaxiSys when new, but still look better than generic.

I also saved a copy of the original files on my tool when it was new before any updates were done and can reinstall the original logos from them.

1) Close all open apps and diagnostic app.

2) Connect Maxisys to a desktop/laptop PC with the USB cable

3) Message will come up on Maxisys for USB connection, select "Turn on USB storage".

4) On desktop PC, select "open folder to view files" for the removable drive that came up when USB was connected.

5) Navigate folders as follows(example is for GM); Scan> Vehicle> USA> GM> , there should be two .png type files, one named car.png

and one named car_new.png, delete the one named new_car.png

6) Repeat same for the Ford & Chrysler folders in the USA folder, the go to Asia & Europe folder and do the same

You can do this through the root explorer from the MaxiSYS home screen as well. Just so the noobs to the MaxiSYS are aware, whenever you get

updates you have to go in and delete the new.png files all over again. It's not that big a deal once you've done it once or twice. I think it's a

small price to pay for a better looking user experiance.

Hope this works for you. Regards

•   Level 1   
    (9) points
    Micko179

2016-08-04 20:32:21

I bought this system with the understanding it had the manufacturer's logos as advertised in all media. This has annoyed me simce I bought it as its extremely frustrating looking at 80 odd cirlcles that look almost identical. Why can't we all band together & get them to change it back?

Michael

•   Level 3   
    (79) points
    lfdorries
    2016-08-06 00:59:54
     I doubt you will see them back on. If they sold you the scanner with pictures of the factory logos. Not only is that fraud, but they are illegally using and showing the logos again without authorization from the manufactures. That is why they lost their law suit and had to take them off of their tools to begin with. 

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2016-08-10 17:03:34 (Reply to:lfdorries)

Why is everyone worried about a logo. ? It is the software that makes us the money.
    Who cares. With all the fuss about logos on these forums it makes me wonder if tere
    are good techs out there other than a few. It is not hard to read what each circle says.
    Fuss about the missing software ,the missing tree feature, the ability to program
    through the tablet. Hello???? That is what we pay for !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

•   Level 4   
    (108) points
    Iluxa73

2016-08-11 02:02:59 (Reply to:Wild Bill)

Agree  with you 100%

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    Hiram

2016-08-20 00:44:23 (Reply to:Wild Bill)

Ability to program?? Or relearn and adaptation? As far as I know, this tool can't
    program Anything, can you put it back into the tool?
    relearn and adaptation is not programming, explain me otherwise. I'll love to see how
    is done,.
    I bought this tool hoping it would do that like on the old videos, but it was a big
    dissapointment.
    You made the claim and you said "hello" ... so bring it on and spill the beans...
    I want that feature back... and so do many that bought it thinking it would be included,

•   Level 2   
    (25) points
    Lano

2016-08-25 15:39:07 (Reply to:Hiram)

Exactly! Makes me wonder if it is still worth the investment.

•   Level 6   
    (437) points
    Wild Bill

2016-08-30 19:24:03 (Reply to:Lano)

It will program with the j2534 .I program all the time.

•   Level 2   
    (12) points
    Hiram

2016-09-02 23:58:10 (Reply to:Wild Bill)

Hey Bill, I didn't mean to be rude, but I really want to know what you can program with
    this. I know that 'coding' and 'adaptations' is NOT Programming. So please be clear
    what you 'program' all the time. What menu do you go to for programming and how do
    you go about with it. For example, If I get a new TCM for a Nissan pathfinder with a
    RE5R05A that came blank from Nissan, can I write the new software to it? That is
    called programming.Or read the old software from the old TCM and write it on the new
    one, have you done something similar to that? Please be clear, I want to know.
  Total2 Pages